The year is almost over and Christmas is right around the corner. Now normally I love Christmas, getting to go shopping, decorating cookies, decorating the tree, and of course opening presents. But I’ve been working on the retail side of the Christmas holiday for almost three years now and I have to say…I HATE CHRISTMAS!
Customers are rude and they just don’t care, finding parking spots at the mall is just horrendous and people with STEAL your parking spot. That’s right people steal parking spots.
This year is no different…well maybe considering I have no job and no reason to live but I digress.
I guess the only good thing about celebrating Christmas this year is that my younger brother is home on leave to celebrate with us. He hasn’t been home for Christmas in three years so this was a much-needed thing for him.
So as 2011 draws to an unsettling close we ring in 2012 and our last year on Earth or so those mayan people keep saying. Who really believes that? Honestly I don’t! I don’t think the world will end yes there have been signs to back this up but in all honesty I really don’t think the world is going to end.
I guess the only thing(s) about 2012 I’m looking forward to is:
1. Breaking Dawn Part 2 – because who isn’t looking forward to this?
2. My birthday – though I don’t see why I’m turning 28
3. Fallen – movie based on the books, I am a little skeptic because Disney is producing this and the books are really quite dark for Disney.
4. The last book in the fallen series Rapture – If you haven’t read Fallen, Torment, and Passion go read them now!
5. The Olympics – I like watching the Equestrian and Gymnastic events.
That’s it. I can’t think of much else to say so I will leave you with this song I am obsessed with, it’s by The Band Perry and it’s called If I die young. And even though it’s basically about suicide I guess it’ll work if were all going to die next year.